Hair & Nail
Call Max for an Appointment! 626-285-8561
Copyright 2017 La Beaute. All rights reserved
Q: What is Thermal Reconditioning?
A: Thermal Reconditioning is an innovative
technique from Japan to make frizzy, curly or wavy hair
straight while preserving the hair's health. Thermal
Reconditioning will improve the hair's feel, softness and shine while making it completely manageable!
The treatment is performed as follows:
1. Assess the hair type and condition.
2. Wash the hair.
3. Apply protein or proctection sprays to the hair (done by spray or running a gel-like solution through the hair).
4. Apply the first solution (this is to alter the hair's "Cystine Bond" - the bond that holds the curl or wave pattern).
5. Test to see when the bond is properly cut and is ready to rinse.
6. Rinse the hair (in some cases washing the hair).
7. Return to the chair and applying a protective protein solution (by spray).
8. Eliminate some excess moisture in the hair (blow-drying to a certain point).
9. Iron the hair in precise small sections with a special Thermal Iron reaching temperatures of 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees F). This will not damage your hair.
10. Apply a neutralizer to the hair after ironing is completed.
11. Rinse the hair and conditioning.
12. Dry the hair and applying a flat iron to remove excess moisture if necessary.
Q: How long will the treatment last?
A: Whatever gets treated will remain straight forever and will not become curly or wavy again. The new growth that appears in the months following the treatment will need to be treated again. The new growth usually needs to be treated about four to six months after the initial treatment.
Q: What kind of hair is suitable for Thermal Reconditioning?
A: With the help of Max, almost every type of hair is suitable for this treatment. There is a misconception that color treated hair and highlighted hair cannot be treated. This is not true, Thermal Reconditioning can produce excellent results on color treated and highlighted hair. View the gallery to see examples.
Q: What will my hair look like after the treatment?
A: Your hair will be straight and will feel soft and silky with more shine. You will be able to either wash and go or you can choose to style it by tussling it and finishing with a round brush or iron depending if you want to add bend or flip. For most clients, drying time is drastically reduced from an average of 45 minutes to under 10.
Q: What are other names for Thermal Reconditioning?
A: Japanese Hair Straightening, Rebonding, Japanese Straight Perm and Thermal Reconstruction.